1.13.2015

Mini Master Makeover

I was really bored with our bedroom. We have a furnished apartment and I am not fond of our furniture, so I looked all over Pinterest and found this idea to cover the headboard. It was pretty easy. I just made a slip cover from an old flat sheet. It is literally two straight lines on the sewing machine. Measure and pin carefully to make sure it is a snug fit. I tied yarn between the two posts on the headboard to support it in the middle. I don't think will last long but it will be fine until I find something a little stronger.
The "art" that I made was also very simple. I had some canvases that I had gotten free in a paint set that I found at Michael's. I painted them navy blue, then used my Cricut to cut out the letters and &. I used some newsprint style paper that is now retired from Stampin' UP. The & is from the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge and the me and you is from the Cursive 101 set. I glued them to the canvas with a liquid glue, that I painted on. Over the letters and a small border is glossy, which looks nice on the matte blue paint. I added a linen ribbon with hot glue on the back to hang them. Hubs hung them for me.
Next, I will do something about the horrible lamp shades.
Our duvet and pillow covers (the blue toile pattern) is from IKEA, the soft blanket at the end of the bed and the sheets are from Target.

No comments: